View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #28
Doc Brown
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
About the hardest clipper your going to find is your DAC. It literally won't get any louder than it can. Make sure that nothing between your DAC and your speakers will clip before the DAC does, and you don't need another limiter. Sight corallary - any stage that won't get as loud at max as the next stage can handle is a hard limiter.

In my mix room, I use a Behringer headphone amp. It allows each of eight outputs to play either of two inputs unless that section is overriden by an "Aux" input. I have two (stereo) sets of speakers and four (stereo) sets of headphones, and can play either of my two (stereo) computers through each. Then I have a stereo pair that drives surface transducers that I can stick on my guitar for "silent" amp feedback and there's still a channel that gets its "Aux" input from the rear-panel output of the main pair channel and feeds the L/R subs...

The DAC won't do anything when I'm using my hardware synths independent of my soundcard which is what I am doing. I was just looking for a go between from my input selector and my monitors.
Doc Brown is offline   Reply With Quote