Thread: Project
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
Midiland
Human being with feelings

Default project

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezbass View Post
Can't speak to Logic, but Studio One doesn't save a project to a single file. It saves it to a set of folders- for my S1 implementation it saves everything into a folder named after the song, and in that folder there are a few others- Bounces, Cache, Media and History. If I need to take a project to another studio that runs S1, I copy the folder named after the song along with the subfolders onto a USB drive and plug that in at the other studio and open it up. Done this a bunch, and it works fine- never had a problem. (differences in the installed plugins notwithstanding)

I'm 99% sure Logic does the same thing.

And Reaper can, too. You just have to set up your default template in Reaper to always save media to a relative path- copy that path and all it's subfolders and you're good to go.

Reaper has one other little goodie that neither Logic nor S1 has, and that is the ability to have a portable installation of Reaper on that drive, too. You take the USB drive to wherever you are going and the entirety of Reaper can be on whatever computer you move to.
What you explain you are doing in S1 is exactly what I would like to have in REAPER: save everything to a file named after the song. So you just give a detailed explanation of what you do in S1, what I did also. My problem is to find how to have this in REAPER.
Midiland is offline   Reply With Quote