View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #18
mpl
Human being with feelings

Ok, now firstly sorry guys if I doing things very impertinently, but if I willn`t do this way, we will never implement this. We will just talking instead do something.

What I did.
Using GitHub as more elegant platform for developing I created "organisation" called ReaTeam. I suppose this could contains JS repo also (and maybe some other future text things, like oscii-bot stuff), so I didn`t name it by something related to scripts only. Then I create a repo called ReaScripts
I add to members HeDa, X-Raym, Breeder because I know only they have GitHub account.

planetnine, airon, cfillion, spk77, if you like it you can create GitHub account and let me know your username so I can add you as member.

As I understood, only members can edit repo or accept pull requests. Speaking about common library, I supposed it should be limited and not everyone can be a member (though everyone still can create pull requests and members can accept it, if this coud be useful).

To make repo "works" I firstly add my repository (except test folder) to common repo and also add this scripts just for overview how it could looks like (if you guys against it, I can delete it):
EDIT: thanks to Breeder recommendations I temporary removed my scripts to add they later with names without underscores and better self-explained.

I also thought about common header like X-Raym have in any of his script and I`ve got this is useful, but hard to implement, because everyone have different habits of script "decoration". So at least self-explained script name like "author_scriptname.lua" will be enough I guess.

About categories. I like X-Raym sorting, but I also find long folder names a bit dirty, so maybe folder should contain as less words as possible (ex "Track" instead "Track Properties").

Reaper stash is good. And it is possible to make a script which will download "static" (or not?) scripts using "official" list of links, but note, a lot of scripts packed into zip packages, a lot of script posted only deep in forum, or they can be even uploaded to somehosting and of course link will be unavailable soon).

Hope I didn`t something wrong, because I believe this idea, and this is cheapest way to implement this. What you thoughts about it, guys?

Last edited by mpl; 11-23-2015 at 02:30 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote