View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 07:03 AM   #14
Eliseat
Human being with feelings

I have a general question about the still needed color offset effect. In Blender this is done by separating the RGB channels, translating (offsetting) red, green and blue and combining and finally adding them to the source video. (blend mode add)
We already have panning or offsetting presets, and we also have a RGB preset. But would it be even possible to put them together in one preset by using just one video input? The problem is that alpha or transparency seems to only work with colors drawn over the source or with a second track beyond shining thru. Not using the same source to blend in manipulated. (As seen in the colorize preset which doesn't have a blend/alpha.)

I imagine (with my lack of programming skills) there should be the definition of two inputs with the same source. "input a" = "track 1" and "input b" = "track 1". "Input b" then should be separated in RGB, get offset every color channel and finally get mixed (mode 1?) with "input a".

Would this be possible or is there a limitation in the programming language or even the concept of using sources?

Hope someone can explain as I tumbling in the darkness.

Many thanks
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote