View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 01:15 AM   #11
johny178
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
I'm interested in how would you compare this to eg. AES Pro Audio Reference (formerly Rane Pro Audio Reference)?
http://www.aes.org/par/

In print that was over 400 page pro audio reference. From the descriptions it sounds like Good Musician might be something similar but more current and EDM related?
"A2IM (American Association of Independent Music) "... serves the Independent music community as a unified voice representing a broad coalition of music labels ... ."

AAAF (American Academy of Audiology Foundation) Their mission: "To promote philanthropy in support of research, education, and public awareness in audiology and hearing science." [From website.]

Academy of Ancient Music See: AAM.

cans See headphones.

cantor See: kantor.

CCIR ARM See weighting filters.

CCIR-468 See weighting filters.

CCIR 2 kHz See weighting filters."

And so on...
It has more than 50% useless words, that doesn't mean anything. Yes, no doubt in audio engineering this is a cool glossary, but more than a half of it - useless. You can open a preview of our book, and see the table of content (but only 70% of it, the rest did not fit in the preview) and compare our words with that glossary.
When I said that we have one of the biggest (and maybe the biggest) production glossary, in terms of the number of words, I meant exactly WORDS, not unnecessary abbreviations and repetitions. + Our book specialized more on producers, and this glossary for AE.
johny178 is offline   Reply With Quote