View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #505
captain_caveman
Human being with feelings

I just tested Deafault.ReaperOSC /play command and it doesn't do anything without an argument, but works with an int or float argument of 1. So the docs or Reaper need updated to reflect this for 't: trigger or toggle' messages (preferably Reaper ).

I tested the LogicPad.ReaperOSC /1/play command that you've been trying and it works in the same way* with an int or float, but not with no arguments.

*I say works in the same way, but I don't know whether this was user error, but it didn't look like it was working, although Reaper was showing the message in the Listen window (with int or float arguments).

So I checked the 'Allow binding messages...' checkbox and went into the Actions window to learn a random action to see if it would do anything. When I sent the message** the Actions window received it, but Reaper started playing and is now playing and pausing when I send that address/command.

** There is a chance I was sending double messages though because I changed the message for a swipe gesture I am using in my app so that may have put me off and it may have worked from the start (but I didn't get any similar confusion using Default.ReaperOSC and the standard /play [i] 1).

So maybe try exiting from the OSC window and if that doesn't work, try learning an Action to see if I was imagining things or not.
captain_caveman is offline   Reply With Quote