View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #12
Coachz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
i have possibility to use different machines often, including latest intel and AMD machines and in my tests win10 wasn't faster than win7 on any machine, but on modern computers win10 works ok, i agree, while if you have old computer, like mine at home (Intel 2nd gen), it's better to stick with win7, less bugs, better driver compatibility, no annoying updates and other shite.

@danbb
I also hate, how win10 looks, awful design, actually it's not even a design, just a spit into customer's face, i wonder, how they designed it: "What, if we won't make beautiful functional interface and will make just some lazy mockup, will save a bunch of money, customers are stupid bovini, they will eat everything anyway".

You can try Manjaro distributive, from all distributives i tried, it's closest to Windows, pretty easy to use and if i remember correctly no need to use terminal in 99%, but i had some strange bugs, so i moved on to another distro, but maybe it will work ok for you.
Also very cool distributive is Ubuntu Studio, it comes with pre-installed audio/video/photo apps, Jack, Real-time core ,etc.
Now i use Debian+default interface(GNOME, i guess) from time to time, because it's very simple, fast, small and clean. but i wouldn't recommend it to someone as a first linux try.
I personally planning to stay on Windows 7 as my main OS for awhile, maybe few years, than time will show what to do.
I guarantee you this is how it was designed.

1. Management comes in and says "We have to support cell phones in windows 8".
2. Devs "It will require an entire rewrite of the gui engine and take a few years.
3. You have 3 months.
4. Devs "fuck it"
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote