View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 09:30 AM   #14
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
You can try Manjaro distributive, from all distributives i tried, it's closest to Windows, pretty easy to use and if i remember correctly no need to use terminal in 99%, but i had some strange bugs, so i moved on to another distro, but maybe it will work ok for you.
I have never had to compile anything on my Xubuntu, and do almost everything using a GUI interface. The only stuff I ever do in a terminal is usually security related, like checking if microcode is being updated, or what vulnerabilities have been addressed, but for every day use, I never get into a terminal even though I am quite comfortable using one stemming back to my days as an expert in a command prompt world with Amiga and DOS based machines.

One of the lightest desktops is xfce, and it works great on older hardware which is why I initially chose it for a MythTV server in a back room. Later when I started trying different flavors of Linux on my DAW, I found that the lightweight xfce desktop in Xubuntu was my favorite there as well, after trying Manjaro, Mint, MX Linux, Ubuntu, AV Linux, and some others.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote