View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #25
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
The key term was "I don't want anything hooking in" but that is exactly what anything other than Reaper.exe does, including VSTs and so on.

Of the myriad of great features SWS has, a handful are buggy, same for Reaper.
OK, but are SWS extensions there, with their hooks in REAPER, even when I'm not using them? I mean, if I don't add any plugins at all to a project, then there are zero hooks from anybody but Cockos being serviced. Is that true of SWS extensions or are they always lingering in the shadows, waiting for their hook to get the call?

Either way, I don't need them. I don't use 90% of all the stuff that comes with a stock install of REAPER. Takes are disabled here for instance. If the part I just recorded isn't the one, then I record again until I hear one that is the one. Just like I did it with the 1" Ampex AG440B-8 studio recorder I used to own. Really the only thing I use that's much different than working with tape is automation, and I use it pretty infrequently because most of my mixes are static where the balance of the instruments and vocals never changes unless the players/vocalists do it through dynamics.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote