View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #35
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Your book and point of view are fine to have, but that wording above may turn someone away based on fear instead of accuracy, that isn't really fair to them.
I agree.

Do whatever you want, Glen, but have some respect for the devs of SWS including Justin who contributed recently (at the very least if not also in the past). It's as stable as anything I've ever relied on; it's been on my system with Reaper as soon as I learned of its existence, and used it on every OS (Windows, OSX, and a few Linux distributions). You don't notice me making threads talking about how SWS is crashing Reaper. And I've done comparisons to Reaper installs without SWS; I saw no discernible difference in performance.

Besides Glen, you use Windows plugins bridged in Linux. The way I see it, your system is far from "pure".

PS. I don't use SWS for much. It has some functions which get called with some scripts, it has the odd action which is really handy for me, and it has "Auto track color/icon/layout" which I like. (Even that last thing, you might appreciate.)

Last edited by JamesPeters; 08-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote