View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 11:30 PM   #9
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs94704 View Post
Thanks again to all who have contributed! I am so grateful!

Hey, RDBOIS:

I read your detailed instructions and examples of pictures of settings etc.

Me being the new kid on the block (No pun intended!) I want to properly interpret your examples and I am looking for some clarity.

To the point, all I want to be sure of is that I get the FX on the correct tracks. When I look at your examples it is not entirely clear.

Here are the tracks I have right now. I saved this as a template and use it regardless of how many of the Vox tracks I use:

I am singing to 'High Quality' pre-recorded karaoke music that actually sounds like a real band or orchestra vs. that crappy music there was when karaoke first started. With this you would never know it is actually karaoke music if I didn't tell you!

1: Music - Pre-Recorded 'High Quality' karaoke music as decribed above
2: Vox BUSS
3: Vox 1: Dry Vocal
4: Vox 2: Dry Vocal - reserved in case I want to do something special
5: Vox 3: Dry Vocal - reserved in case I want to do something special
6: Slap BUSS (What you are calling Reverb BUSS)

NOTE: This is a template I set up just in case I want a vocal harmony or need some other vocal FX, but, most of the time I only use Track 1.

At this point I can follow your examples with pictures etc., but based on my tracks as listed above, can you please just confirm which FX (and in which order they go!) belong on which track?

Thank You!
Not sure what your Vox bus is for? Summing up different vocal parts?

My example is more like this:

1. music
2. main vocal - with fx (eq, compression, slap delay = both wet and dry)
3. duplicate of main vocal (for the repeating delayed vox effect) - fx is delay wet only, with delay volume envelop showcasing parts you need sound
4. reverb buss (receiving the main vocal track) - with reverb wet only
5. master buss - receiving music, main vocal, duplicate vox, and reverb buss.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote