View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #13
skippertag
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Intimate vocal with big, soft, reverb? This is pure GOLD:-

George Massenburg posted this from Gary Paczosa elsewhere. Paczosa mixed Alison Krauss & Union Station's "New Favorite" album. Grammy, tea & crumpets, all round.

The bottom line is that she has an amazing voice, and she can make any reverb sound good. On Alison's vocal, as with most of the other instruments on that record, I used the TC 6000. I turn off all the early reflections, all the pre delay, all the time. I roll the top end off some where between 2K and 4K about 6-8db, this way I can get away with a lot more tail length. The lack of any early reflections and pre delay, seems to give the perception that there is less verb than there actually is, and the darker verb lets me place the vocal closer to the listener.

Easily heard on the vox on the title track as it's so sparce:-

It's the top end of big reverbs[3.0 secs-ish] that can be troublesome. Actually all verbs. Plus add another verb and all bets are off. One is often best. "Thriller", biggest album evah, used one.

ns
Man, thanks for sharing that with us.... that just sounds so amazing... and... What a voice, what a charisma, what a woman...wow... One of my biggest wishes to see her and hear live someday somewhere..

Angel's voice she has...

that alltogether is indeed pure Gold...

I try that on my next ballad

Do you know what Preset / What Reverb he uses? ("I used the TC 6000"...but which?)

Last edited by skippertag; 11-15-2017 at 02:17 PM.
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote