Thread: WDL in the wild
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #35
l0calh05t
Human being with feelings

Seriously... did you have to choose git? It's so awkward.

Anyways, a few small suggestions (since I haven't really figured out the whole GIT thingy yet...):

1. How about switching to CMake? this would make sure added files only need to be added once into the CMakeLists.txt and not for each project file individually -> less management effort. It would also make configuration of builds without specific parts (like jpeg support) much easier, and you compilation time would be reduced by not even compiling in the support, instead of letting the linker do it. Locally I have been using CMake for a few weeks now, and switching to VS2010 only involved running cmake again (same for 64 bit). By using find_package, it would also be easier to use custom builds of libpng (for example using the current release) easier.

2. I would change the IPlugBase constructor to make it NDEBUG compatible (move strstr out of assert). This shaves off ~200kb for each plugin for me.

3. Add license/copyright info to every IPlug file. This was already mostly done for WDL, but not IPlug.

EDIT: Ok, after figuring out how to get the next branch, I see that 2. was already done. So I wasn't the only one to run into that problem.

Last edited by l0calh05t; 08-24-2010 at 05:07 AM.
l0calh05t is offline   Reply With Quote