View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #22
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewisnoski View Post
somehow, I wound up with this matrix this morning. as I understood tod, only the aria players should be sent to the master/parent. Notice in this shot, the diagonal line now is going to the aria player down, and let me tick the master/parent solid colored squares on the aria player slots, both on the far left now. I am confused, as I though the midi tracks "should not" be sent to the parent. Regardless, with this configuration, the file sounds good, only one glitch, I can't get rea eq to work on channel 11, but it works on all other channels.
Yes, your project will work the way you have it set up, however, you're not using your Aria player outputs at all, except they are routed to the reverb, so I guess that's where you're getting your reverb.

It looks to me like tracks 2 thru 17 are the audio outputs for Aria player #1 and tracks 19, 20, and 21 are the audio outputs for Aria player #2. If that's the case, then you're not really using your outputs to there best advantage. In other words, FX will do nothing and have no affect except on the reverb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewisnoski View Post
Well, here's what I rendered using the matrix shown above. Reaper did a great job of honing those channels into something that sounds pretty realistic. I am going to try again with another 19 channel file, using 2 instances of the aria player, and see if I can retain the skillset. Again, my only goal in Reaper now, is get the channels set up correctly in reaper, use eq on each channel, and mix the compositions. I was able to use "tal III reverb" plug in as a verb bus.
Thanks again fellows.
https://soundcloud.com/steve-wisnosk...-gypsy-caravan
That doesn't sound too bad Steve, heh heh, I can tell you're having fun.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote