View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
reapermusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
Its best to sort out the tempo before recording audio, midi not so much....as long as you have your projects timebase setting to beats,length ,rate.

As a quick way,Record to click, then split all the audio items at the points you want to insert tempo changes. Then insert your tempo changes. BTW this is advanced stuff, so a good grasp on the basics from the manual would help.
If the tempo changes make your item too short, grab the rt edge of the item holding option and pull to the right. That will time stretch that item.
There are other more in depth ways involving stretch markers and such.

Of course our other recordings were easy, just one tempo for the sake of learning Reaper better......now that I wanna add tempo changes nightmare LOL

I will keep at it
Gl
Hello Lug

thanks for your input as well!
I do have my project timebase setting set that way.
So for example I should record the tune to let's say 120BPM and then split at cursor and add time signature to the beginning of every item that needs a time signature change?

I had actually jotted down all the tempo changes and where in the timeline they would take place and started recording that way. I also have the tempo envelope line above.

In any case I will try again and also use your time stretching suggestion.

It's just driving me insane, I can manage to record an intro, a verse, chorus and then once I go to another clean part....EVERYTHING goes out of whack.

Thanks for your help, I will rewatch Kenny's tutorial and get at it some more

Last edited by reapermusic; 02-28-2018 at 09:04 PM. Reason: More information
reapermusic is offline   Reply With Quote