View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
digiman
Human being with feelings

Default Reply to your EUCON / HUI Comments

Hello fellow Reaper users!

Thank you for all your comments. I knew the topic would create the reactions that I have received in this post. All are welcome! It helps to understand the full points of view from the community.

I do have some answers for you:

From Hopi:

what's it to you? why do you care? Well I have used PT since v5. To not get into details, let me just say Friends and I are tired of paying for software that does not warrant the price of admission for what you get.

I care because of this wonderful software that I found called Reaper! I want to use it in production and not have to go back to PT so do my friends!

Are you a missionary? No, I would suck at that.

Do you have a new religion to sell me? Yes, but you are already using it! Reaper is a great stable DAW!

EricM:

Your comments are what I have heard from others and thank you for posting your views about proprietary protocols. VST proprietary isn't it? I am not a programmer but I believe we do not have access to the codebase of Reaper and it is not licensed under GNU so it too is proprietary correct? Having EUCON and HUI will only strengthen the argument in Reapers favor for people to try it out to replace their current DAW. (People don't look for an alternative unless they are unhappy) That is how I found Reaper!

Geoff Waddington:

Hey Geoff Thank you for enlightening me to the point of view that the hardware surface manufactures seek out the DAW software suppliers to get their protocol implemented. I always thought it was the other way around! I will have to make a few stops at NAMM this year and talk shop about making this happen. As for organizing a group to secure capital for having you or others to program EUCON and HUI support into Reaper, that is a discussion that would have to be made off the board and we would need get the owners of Cockos into the mix.

Thank you all! I still want to hear your ideas and views on getting control surface capabilities into Reaper!
digiman is offline   Reply With Quote