Thread: Help Requested
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
serr
Human being with feelings

It looks like you have the mixer "docked" to the side of the arrange window. (The Reaper term "dock". Not to be confused with the OSX dock.)

The default in Reaper is the everything in one window look. This lets you resize the panels between them but not move individual panels. Drag on the partitions to resize just like dragging on columns in a Finder window.

Right-clicking (control-clicking) in the scroll bar area on the window lets you select "remove from dock" so you can have separate windows.

Note: This is either a little fiddly to right-click in the correct spot (the edge or scroll bar area of the main window) or I don't know the perfect spot to try first. I always have to click around a couple times before I finally get that menu that lets you undock the windows after accidentally double-clicking somewhere and inadvertently triggering the "dock windows" command.

OSX things that can mess with you:

The part where you can move a window by dragging in the title bar in OSX. But if the bottom right corner is off screen you can't resize it. The workaround for that is supposed to be double-clicking the title bar. Note that this used to be pressing the green window button but that changed to opening the window in full screen mode a few revisions back in OSX.

You can open an app in "full screen" mode which is more of a "PITA" mode as it just removes the menu bar.

Any of that help?
serr is offline   Reply With Quote