View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #34
junh1024
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
junh1024,

Appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback and suggestions. I'm not online on my pc that often these days and am replying here using my phone so won't reply in detail with multi quotes because it is rather cumbersome.
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=31

In my post, my points are numbered so you can reference then when you reply without quoting.

Quote:
Regarding Run the Race, it sounds to me like you are using a decoder that isn't decoding AmbiX SN3D correctly. The main focus of that mix does have the prominent parts placed in the front.
I am aware of ambix & I did convert as needed. While there is stuff at the front, there is also a secondary prominent synth which should be moved to front, or softened & placed at back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
There's still something not quote as spacious with your decoders though. The Blue Ripple cube decoder has more width/height/depth. I have a project with both decoders and can provide you with a decoded cube array eight channel file to have a listen if you'd like.
7 I haven't listened to IEM ALLRAD, but it might be something as simple as reducing W by 10-30% to maxre levels (while still keeping things not out of-phase), or maybe some gentle EQing a la brauer effect.

Last edited by junh1024; 08-09-2018 at 08:05 PM.
junh1024 is offline   Reply With Quote