View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 01:30 AM   #67
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I think that is exactly what I did ... and it worked [PC Win-5 [64]].

Just getting started with this ... kinda guessing my way through setting it up and using it.

An initial question ... once a group of plugins have been assembled into a working LBX Strip [if that is what its called] ... do we save this as a type of 'FX Chain' ? so that we can use this in other projects ?

... still many questions, some will answer as I explore this more. My main interest is controlling several NEBULA plugins from a single interface.

thx again
Hi RJ,

Nope - this is all handled by the script. Create the script exactly like you want it. Then on the Strips edit screen (in EDIT mode - the button underneath should read STRIPS) - First make sure you are in the correct folder (you can create any extra folders in the LBXCS_resources/Strips folder you wish). then choose SAVE STRIP. Give the strip a name and hit ok. It will say strip saved.

EDIT: The default folders are CHANNEL STRIPS / FX COMPS / FX EQs / FX_MODs. Obviously you may wish for more folders - so create these within your file manager (explorer?) and when you next open Stripper - they should be there.

Then whenever you look in that folder from the Strips edit screen - the saved strip should be there and can be dragged onto the control screen.

Please be aware that unless you use Nebula Setups - any created strips will take a while to load (even with Setups sometimes) - as you will know Nebula takes a while to scan libraries and the like... EDIT: The script will appear to freeze as the plugins are loaded - just be patient - it should all work ok - unless you get an error message.

You don't need to save any FXChains or anything else - the script will recall the Nebula instances as you have them when you save the strip.

Another thing to note - on the settings screen (*) - there is an option to Save All Track FX With Strip. What this does - if checked - is save the entire FX chain with the strip preset. If unchecked - only FX Plugins that have controls in the strip get saved. If you are likely to have FX Plugins that are part of the chain but might not have controls in the strip (eg. preamps or suchlike I guess in nebula - which you always keep on) then you would want to make sure this option is checked.

Does this make sense?
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote