View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
passerby3141
Human being with feelings

I am a recent Mac convert myself. I got a MacBook Pro through my job. I don't have a good firewire interface yet, so I haven't used it to record yet, looking forward to trying Reaper on a Mac! Reaper runs great on my old XP AMD X2 machine, keeping that machine useful as it slowly ages into obscurity...

I think I may never go back to PC at this point. Vista and Windows 7 both seem like disasters to me when it comes to Pro Audio type stuff, just way to much system usage for the operating system alone. XP was the last great Windows platform, many businesses still haven't "upgraded".

Maybe I'm getting older and more busy and the DIY ethic of building my own machines has lost it's luster, or, Mac's really are that much better...can't honestly say which it is.

But, I can say that the extra cost for a MacBook is well worth it after spending some time working with one. The mouse pad is just SOLID responsive and clicks are very accurate. The scrolling behavior on open windows is so smooth and easy to control with the pad. The case is SOLID, the screen is great...I could go on. It is just top notch build quality all the way through, should out live any other laptop I have laid my hands on by a long shot. Worth the extra money I say.
passerby3141 is offline   Reply With Quote