View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 01:59 AM   #108
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
Nice job!

A few things that might be nice:

1) An option to show a parameters value and name only, so no actual control graphic.
2) When selecting a parameter to add to the strip it would be nice to either expand the parameter list both horiz. and vertically or a scroll bar, or a search function. This is because some plugins can have hundreds of parameters and scrolling with the mouse through the list may take too long.
3) Perhaps a way to group select prameters from the list using shift or ctrl, it would make adding multiple parameters to the strip a lot quicker.

Thank you for this wonderful script.
Thanks,

1) Yep this would be possible and quite easy - although could also be achieved already by creating an 'invisible' png - ie - all transparent. I would possibly suggest this over adding a setting to hide the image - because it could get confusing if you hit the option by accident and suddenly a load of the knobs disappear. Also - not adding extra logic would be preferable as I would assume this would be fairly uncommon usage. Will need to have a ponder as to what would be best.
2) You can expand the list vertically if you stretch the window vertically. It would be possible to expand horizontally also - but the sidebar annoys me at the best of times due to its size - I'm not sure I'd want it suddenly taking up half the screen. Will think about whether it's worth it. Due to the way the sidebar is blitted to the screen - the code has become a bit messy and needs tidying already.
3) Multiselect parameters from the list - good idea - will look into it. Not sure when or how long this will take though - but there's normally a simple solution to these things.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote