View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #13
V'ger
Human being with feelings

About ShortCircuit 2, I'm a big fan and use it as my main sampler/SF2/wave player.

The search and autopreview feature is incredibly useful, and I like that SC2 includes all samples used in the project file. Sure, it can be huge sometimes but who cares about that in todays gigabyte or terabyte world when you can load up a project and it will work without the dreaded 'sample files missing'.

Some have stability issues with it, and although it will occasionally act up it is very rare. With frequent autosave it's no problem compared to the hassles of others.

Point is to run it as a dedicatad process. Here's a brief intro:

1. After plugin install, right-click and drag/drop the folders where you have your .wav files to ..\Shortcircuit2\database\samples\ > then 'create shortcuts here'.
Do the same with the folders where your soundfonts, giga, kits etc, but to ..\Shortcircuit2\database\patches.

2. Load the FX as a dedicated process by right-clicking and setting the options like this:

Then load the database by right-clicking in the browser for the option and then left-click that (do this after adding new material to the folder), see here for that and how to drag waves and load samples etc:

Last edited by V'ger; 05-21-2011 at 12:53 PM.
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote