View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #9
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
Well, your method is something I probably personally wouldn't bother try using, to me it seems like a lot of hassle to use. But let's agree neither your solution nor my plugin are perfect? (My plugin was intended to replicate the workflow that was available to me in ProTools and Cubase back in the Dark Ages. You would select a media item, pop up an offline processing plugin and render. If it didn't work right in the context of a mix, retry until satisfied...That to me was better than nothing. I am not arguing proper realtime adjustable item based envelopes for the varispeeding is not the right the way to go...)
For the first reply to be 'I recommend my plugin its easier and faster' despite it not being easier or faster, and with no reference to the OP is a bad form IMO.

to say its a lot of hassle is factually incorrect/bizarre.

See the gif. That's it. I am drawing a realtime non destructive smooth, item locked pitch rate envelope in seconds.

The one time setup is no doubt as much or a less hassle than installing your plugin.

I was tempted to try your plug it but I read a whole load of installation issues and the fact that it is offline is just not what I required. Thats ok though.
I didn't post on the thread that I thought it was a clunky hassle though did i?

I come from tracker origins where pitch/rate relationship was basically how the whole thing worked as am sure you know, but key is adjusting it in a musical way which means timing.

End result is I am happy I have this option - you are happy too. Lovely.
but why not just be quiet about this, or try it then list the flaws/drawbacks?

@mbn that is self evident! If devs added it tomorrow i'd not weep for my half an hr of macro tweaking.

Edit: better .gif in OP now

Last edited by BenK-msx; 02-11-2015 at 01:27 PM.
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote