View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 10:17 AM   #298
martimdurao
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly76 View Post
Reaper v5.0pre18 x64
Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926

Reaper knobs don't work with touch screens. Faders work perfectly with one finger support. The knobs jump from extreme left to extreme right when using a touchscreen. Knobs and faders on plugin windows work perfectly fine. It's just reaper specific knobs that are affected.

This behavior is also on the main current v4, and on all the v5.0 pres up to the current v5.0pre18.

I've uploaded a video demonstrating this. It's uploaded it as an Unlisted video in order not to violate the prerelease rules. Let me know if it is a violation and I'll take it down immediately and figure out another way to share it.

Edit: Here's a direct link to the video, as the embedded player above doesn't seem to work.

https://youtu.be/eo_5wjWp_nA

While I'm on the topic of touch screens, I'd really like to put in another mention for multi point touch support, especially with the mixer. I'd love to be able to grab more than one fader with my 10 point multi touch monitor. Note, that I have some VST plugins that support multi touch input and I can grab more than one parameter at a time and it works! The VSTs work with multi touch even in reaper, a non multi touch environment.

Before people jump in and start complaining about gorilla arm fatigue; I have two large 37" monitors. The touch one is set up angled back like a console on my desk, with the other one set up as a standard monitor just above the touch one. Think drafting table for the touch monitor, or the Slate Raven, etc... No gorilla arm here.

What is the configuration and theme you're using on the Youtube film?
martimdurao is offline   Reply With Quote