View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #16
cAPSLOCK
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth View Post
...one of the best features of this "oddball" distro.
[Updated Jun 1 2008]
I reawaken this thread to mention that I meant no disrespect by the "oddball" moniker. I mean, puppy is a very unusual linux setup.

In fact it is a favorite of mine, and I run it on a PC here at my home.

I am encouraged that you have WineASIO, Jack etc running. Are there modules already out there for them?

As to the continued "ROOT ROOT BAD!" stuff... I see the argument made it's way into the "you can damage hardware as root" iteration.

Really. It would take some blunder of epic proportions to physically damage a hard drive with puppy... especially since it doesn't need to ever use one. I think a used is more likely to damage his hard drive by dropping it. (Notice I didn't say "erase" or "repartiation" or any other blunder you could also do with most any other OS)

And monitors? If you have a monitor that will blow up because you tried a frequency range that you shouldnt' (this is also not a problem since the average user is not going to try to jack a lot with monitor timings) then you really NEED to blow up that monitor and buy one that won't accept frequencies out of range. Your monitor is OOOOOLD.

cAPS
cAPSLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote