View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 12:23 AM   #491
frol1607
Human being with feelings

Default Problem with Reaper and LinVST

Hello,
I'm not quite sure how to generate a proper bug report so I'm posting here in the hope that someone can either point me in the right direction or otherwise correct the errors of my ways.

Anyway, as the title says, some Windows VST:s do not work properly in REAPER under the latest version of Linvst. For example, the VST BC Chorus 4 from Blue cat audio does work if loaded in a project, but only if a generic GUI is used. If I try to show the GUI Reaper for Linux (6.12c, under OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, Wine-staging 5.13) Reaper hangs.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies within REAPER - If the exact same plugin is loaded in Ardour the gui is shown.

The problem can be reproduced everytime. Other plugins work perfectly, for example Raum from NI, Azurite from Disorque (another nice Chorus), Sforzando from Plouge, etc.

Thank you for your time. Again, I'm quite a forum and bugreporting noob, so if I've done bad, feel free to correct the errors of my ways.

Best regards,
Fredrik.

P.S. Reaper for Linux really is completely awesome. Even with these minor annoyances. Like I said, the plugins from Blue Cat Audio work and sound great. You just have to use the generic GUI in Reaper to use them.
frol1607 is offline   Reply With Quote