Thread: Concerto Theme
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 AM   #439
bywaterandblood
Human being with feelings

Default Favorite theme?

So far this is probably my favorite theme but I find myself not using it because it's hard for me to differentiate the tracks. I find myself having to pause to figure out where I need to click, especially when I have a lot of volume automation lanes open. It's also hard to tell what track is selected. I think selections should be easily seen in peripheral vision. This does not accomplish that for me.

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the theme but I'm struggling to understand how Walter works and Reaper theming in general. It's kind of daunting. Is there any way you could tell me what I need to do to get the entire background of a track to either be lighter or a way to have more elements change to a lighter color? Having just the track name change isn't enough for me. I'd also like to see the highlighted channel in the mixer a bit lighter. If I could get those things changed I would use this as my main theme.

EDIT: I've been messing around with the theme development/tweaker in Reaper but for some reason the colors just aren't changing for me :/

ReEdit: I'm making some progress. I figured out how to change images and some other background colors, but some things still aren't changing and the theme inspector tool doesn't show you everything (and is not very user-friendly at all). At least I'm making progress.

Last edited by bywaterandblood; 07-14-2019 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Tried adding image but size limits too strict
bywaterandblood is offline   Reply With Quote