View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
Publicradio
Human being with feelings

I'm not sure where I would check that, but anyway I did find a solution to this problem:

I added two new buttons to my main toolbar: Exclusive Toggle A01 and Exclusive Toggle A02. This solution requires the SWS extension. I set ctrl+alt+1 and ctrl+alt+2 to control these buttons, respectively.

Then I created a cycle action. This also requires the SWS Extension. In there it says to change project tempo is Exclusive Toggle A01 is on, and to zoom the timeline horizontally if A02 is on.

Then, I went to my actions list and set my expression pedal to control this cycle action. Now, when no buttons are checked, the pedal has no global effect; however, when I click one of my buttons, or type its shortcut, the pedal now controls tempo or zoom.

These are 'Exclusive Toggles' so checking one will uncheck all the others in the 'A' group. So there you have it. You can have one pedal in your setup that can be set to do all kinds of things: master volume, master tempo, zoom, seek, and plenty of other actions.
Publicradio is offline   Reply With Quote