View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 02:30 AM   #597
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

I'd say one thing to check for sure are midi cables, not using a HUB, different midi ports and possibly to make sure that it's alone on the midi port. It's very well possible that the problem is something else, but they are normal culprits for midi problems.

I still think it would be worthwhile to change the priority of the interrupt handling the usb hub. How to do this is quite difficult to explain, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Would you consider coming to irc:freenode.org #reaper-linux for some online help? Otherwise investigate using rtirq or udev-rtirq.

That said I'm not sure that anyone has used control surfaces with reaper on linux yet. I know that some people have asked for help on irc, but don't know it ended and if they got it working. I also know that a bug or two have been fixed in reaper regarding this, maybe there are more...
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote