View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 AM   #59
nPHYN1T3
Human being with feelings

My machine is solid much less my RAM. More so if it was RAM I'd have system wide problems, I only have one problem, Reaper in WINE. That said booting to Windows Reaper has run solid for years. I just finished an album on it, but using Reaper in Linux is worthless. Obviously there are guys who have been doing it successfully for years but I've found great inconsistencies. One machine will run it fine, the next is nothing you could trust to reliably capture a session.

With Win 7 being dead as of Jan 2015 the only other option I'll keep running Win 7 and never allow it online after the extended support ends. Dual booting is a real shit situation when inspiration strikes. It's that or I'll have to put up with Ardour and leave Reaper as a fond memory until Cockos realizes what Steam did years ago; Windows 8+ and the Windows as a service philosophy Microsoft is moving to is a nightmare never mind the shit touch focused UI.

Last edited by nPHYN1T3; 08-24-2015 at 02:22 AM.
nPHYN1T3 is offline   Reply With Quote