View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #17
solger
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Metcalf View Post
I can't get the latest version to install on my laptop. When I try to open the setup file I get a message to the effect of "error in file for writing." I can skip file after file, but none of them will install, so I abort. I dried downloading it again in case the file got corrupted in the download, but the result is the same. Help me, Mr. Wizard! Does anyone know what to do?
In case you're trying to update an existing Reaper install to a newer version: either make sure that Reaper isn't running in the background while running the installer. Or try if rebooting your computer before running the installer makes any difference.

Another possible reason might be that you don't have permission to write in the given install path. In this case - assuming you're on Windows - you can try to run the installer as admin (via Right-Click > Run as administrator).
Another option to try is to make a portable Reaper install to a different location to see if this works: http://lacinato.com/cm/blog/25-reaperportable