View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #42
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaemon View Post
I spend a little time to re-setup ubuntu (14.04.01 64-bit still) now focusing more on not mixing up 64-bit and 32-bit.

So I installed wine running: apt-get install wine1.6-amd64

Installed wineasio in 64-bit from the kxstudio-repositories and registered that.

Only I don't know about Jack. I simply got that through: apt-get install jackd

Unfortunately Reaper still doesn't work with Asio.
BUT:
With Jack started, running Reaper and there opening the audio preferences and chosing ASIO, a message shows up in Jack's log, telling:

ERROR: Cannot read socket fd = 17 err = No such file or directory
ERROR: Unknown request 0

I searched for explanation of that message but couldn't find anything.

This could probably again be an issue of running 64bit/32bit, as Jack Winter assumed earlier (?):

Can someone tell about that error messages? Does it point me to some missing (i386-)libraries or something?

Could it be a problem with Jack being 32-bit (?) or is it in 64-bit automatically by installing it from a 64-bit machine? Sorry, I don't have any clue, yet...

Maybe I did some things wrong in the installation process as described above?

Any suggestions are much apreciated! Thanks!
Hmm, I really don't know what that msg means as it comes from Jack2, and I use Jack1 (they are 2 parallel implementations of the same daemon/API).

Maybe you have gotten some libs mixed up, IMO the best would be to get all the components from the kxstudio repos. That is to say, get jack, wineasio, wine-rt, etc from there.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote