View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 05:53 PM   #14
MRMJP
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
It's possible that it might not be "processing audio" exactly, but initializing the audio processing in general, which wavelab might do independent of audio being played.
Thanks. I'll pass this on to FabFilter.

I just tested for this issue in WaveLab with the VST3 versions and there is no issue there. I even tested by inserting FabFilter plugins on the global master section which you can do without even loading an audio file or montage (session file). So, even without a potential audio file to play, somehow the settings are still retained when the program is closed and reopened.

If there is a way to fix this on REAPER's end, maybe this would also help with some other plugins and other users too. If FabFilter has any info and points the blame at REAPER, I'll follow up with that info.

I'm a little surprised this hasn't been brought up before. I suppose that in the real world, I would always be making changes to the plugin and doing playback so therefor the settings would be saved. Maybe I only noticed this because I wasn't playing any audio, but it also seems to affect the default preset setting that is supposed to load automatically when the plugin loads.

Last edited by MRMJP; 10-25-2016 at 05:18 AM.
MRMJP is offline   Reply With Quote