View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 01:44 PM   #19
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrifoglio View Post
Please do not get me wrong, I am scientifically and technically literate, and I totally understand what you are saying and I think it is appropriate everything you suggested. However I spent more than 10 years fighting with Pro Tools and its asinine quirks so I got tired of it and all those loopback tests, DPC checkers, and system optimizations. After going Reaper way I really enjoy not thinking about technical stuff, numbers and scientific tests.
Maybe my broken English comments sound harsh to you, but I am no ungrateful, just the opposite.

As for APFS, I can choose whether I want to install 10.13 with or without it on my Hackintosh, but I do not know if it is possible on a regular Mac.
All good.

You can choose APFS or HFS+ with Disc Utility and change it after the fact.

Also, here's what I know about the installer for 10.13 and patching it to work around bugs. (Disclaimer: I know just enough to be dangerous!)
I mention the two patching methods I know in this thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=201037

The dosdude patch works on either an HFS or APFS formatted drive and leaves your format as you originally made it. The patched version I made includes a firmware updater that can only work with HFS formatted drives. But after installation, it switches the format to APFS. (Dosdude must have removed the firmware updater and format change bits.) So there's that.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote