View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #52
Triode
Human being with feelings

Hi WT

I like the ability to hide elements with the script thank you.

The script's window has a velvet feel that's the envy of the fx chain window and others. I hope you get the chance to give those creaky old things a lick of pixel paint too.

My first thoughts on how the default layout function (and switching) interacts with your script would be to add a few options for added key commands in your script that supersedes the need to change layouts via the old layout commands. Then there could be an option to either use the WT script or the old layout switching commands for the MCP or TCP. That's one direction. Alternatively isn't part of the muddle created by including different view options in your script for different layouts? If the rules for visibility were global would they work in conjuction with the old layout switching and other new Reaper 6 themes?

Things I'm noticing that might need a fix:

In the TCP when the phase button is on and there's only just enough room for it's off state below solo and mute buttons it becomes invisible (noticed by Xpander too)

When using the script and selecting hide/show options the new state within the script window only becomes visible (highlighted turquoise) when you move the mouse away. You get used to it but it's a bit quirky.

I can't get the MCP display states to work properly. They seem to be making all tracks with the chosen layout go to that state regardless of whether selected, armed or whatever. I also can't get meter expansion to work at all.

I've been testing using dev 0424 i386

Now my way out of line opinion of the routing buttons
Since they aren't buttons that show binary states their button shape is a visual oxymoron IMHO. Discrete grey markings at the top and bottom of the fader backplate would subtly reinforce signal flow in a more zen way. I know it's too late for this kind of statement and it's probably fraught with technical hassle but in my mind I have a very underplayed version of your Voodoo theme routing above and below the fader.