View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #7
baconpaul
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
There's nothing wrong with the plugin. REAPER passes through the dry audio if a plugin announces itself as an instrument. The way to make this work in REAPER is to put it on a 4-channel track with pin routing as the OP describes. The question is whether there is something automatic REAPER could to do make this easier for the user. Probably the simplest thing is just a switch in the pin routing dropdown to disable the dry input passthrough -- functionally, this would override the plugin's self-description as an instrument for processing purposes.
Yeah so this is exactly my point and thank you

Reaper passes in 1/2 to out 1/2 automatically
But with a sidechain instrument reaper also adds in 1/2 to the aux channel
So I think the right behavior is when you add an instrument with a sidechain bus exactly as you said you create a new aux in your track and pin to that

So if you add surge to a track right now 1/2 -> aux and out and main -> out is the routing
I think it should setup 1/2 > out, main > out and 3/4 > aux

The other choice is if reaper sees a synth with an aux it does 1/2> aux, main> out and doesn’t attach 1/2>out automatically

The third choice is it does what it does now and we make a small YouTube video on how to set up surge routing in reaper. That’s what we already did

Now you can’t do this with vst2 but vst3 lets you since it advertises bus flavor

Thoughts?
baconpaul is offline   Reply With Quote