View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
lunker
Human being with feelings

Just to add/clarify, make sure that you installed the same version (32-bit or 64-bit; VST2 or VST3) on the new computer that was on the old computer.

This same thing happened to me when I got a new PC, and I decided not to install 32-bit plugins if the plugin also had a 64-bit version. I had to go back and install 32-bit versions of some plugins to solve the same problem you are having.

In my case, I used the filter (on the VST preferences page) to hide the obsolete 32-bit plugins from the FX browser, so that I don't accidentally add them to new projects. But they are still installed on the PC and in the VST search path, so that old projects find them and load OK.

Slowly (as time permits, and need requires), I may update those projects to use the 64-bit versions of those plugins (by loading the 64-bit version into the project, and setting the knobs/faders/etc. to match the settings that were used in the 32-bit version). However, I only do this when I really need to (like if I'm going to share the project with someone who only has the 64-bit plugin).

Last edited by lunker; 01-14-2020 at 12:40 PM.
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote