View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 05:06 PM   #383
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Would it be possible to enhance ReaPack in a way that it also creates an entry in the Help menu and here presents a window to select one of the installed ReaPack aware products and clicking on one of them shows the appropriate "about" window ? Supposedly those product that don't provide any "about" / description information should be not be presented in the list.
The end goal being to have a list containing only packages with a documentation? I think adding a new kind of filter (eg. has:about) in the Package Browser would be a simpler way to to this (and more powerful in the long run if adding others filters later).

Quote:
On top of that it would be great if pressing "F1" with something appropriate selected in the Effect Chain window (or using some right click local menu) could offer the "about" window for a JSFX directly, but I am not sure if this is (easily) possible.
This could probably be done with a ReaScript actually, using the new API I've added to ReaPack in the latest beta.
As long as the filename of the focused effect can be obtained (I haven't looked into it).

Quote:
Where to see this ?
https://reapack.com/repos

Quote:
On top of that I would be happy to be part of a team of volunteers providing "about" text for the Reaper stock JSFXes
Theoretically you could build an index file describing the stock FX and having it set as Disabled in ReaPack so that it doesn't try to manage the files.

Last edited by cfillion; 07-02-2017 at 06:03 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote