View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 07:18 PM   #89
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbroom View Post
Questions: as this is my first submission with this contest, I just wanted to be sure I submitted things correctly.
First of all I'm not totally sure about any of your questions, but I'll respond according to what I think.

Quote:
1) Regarding the subfolder for JSFX plugs, do we actually copy and paste the plug itself? I ask as I'm not sure where those files sit within my Reaper menus to copy them. I know where I store my standard VSTs, but where can I find the JSFX files - is it in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Reaper folder somewhere?
If they are regular JSFX, you shouldn't have to worry about this. If it's a JSFX that is not part of the regular JS plugins, then I guess you should point to where ever it can be obtained.

Quote:
2) I know we should not rename files or tracks; however, if we add tracks to the projects, should we name them with the same protocol as the original source files? Like, if an original source file is "24_LeadVocal", could we name another track "24B_LeadVocalChorus", for example?
I don't think there's any problem in renaming tracks, they will show up in your projects just as you named them. It's renaming the audio files that's the real problem, but as long as you keep the original audio file names in tact, there should be no problem. For example, you can cut the audio files up and edit them in any way you want to, just don't rename the "Source Files" and there should be no problem

Quote:
3) Is there any rule for how we name or group fx busses or parallel busses at all?
Here again, busses whether FX or not, are just tracks, and should show up as you intend. However, you will want to delete any track icons if you have them, that could present a problem.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote