View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 01:00 AM   #6072
RJHollins
Human being with feelings

Hi lb0.

Well ... I was able to grab and Group things enough to move them around into position. Would have been easier if selected items could be maintained in a Group [with the option to UN-group ... like in a graphics app]. Maybe that could be possible down the road.

One thing I did encounter as an ISSUE.

It seems there are times when needing to re-assign a Knob or button to a different plugin in the chain ... the new assignment does not work.

I had to make a NEW knob/button ... that worked, and then delete the old button/knob, then position in the new ones that worked.

Kinda threw me for a bit till I realized ... then I just did that for the remaining [several] Bands.

2. Something else ... If COPYING a selected BAND [all elements] ... this does not generate a new plugin instance. Manually had to add, and re-assign all parameters. There is probably no good way to do that ... and might cause more issues in the long run.

very long day ... just typing out loud :|

Why to bring this up ... well ... you know how Nebula/N4 can be. When you only have a single Band per instance, there are 2 possible ways to design/build the GUI.

1. Build the complete EQ just like the hardware.

1b. Build it with extra duplicate Bands to better utilize the Freq choices within a given Preset.

or 2. Build a single Master Band ... and drag in as many as needed on the fly.

Yeah ... number 2 would be idealistic ... but I'm fully aware that with each Band having A PRGCHNG ability [like I currently do], all the Knob STEPS, the ### of Knobs, buttons, could be different for a given Preset, and 3rd ... the GAUGEs would all need to be re-calc'd.

Like I say ... talk about Idealistic. Making that a Reality would be a major undertaking. As brilliant of a Programmer as you've demonstrated with LBX ... some things would be better left as wishful thinking out loud.

Anyway ... I got through the re-learning curve enough to put together the GUI for this new GM-9 Equalizer [AlexB]. Just as with the S-432 EQ, I've the design laid out with every function I think necessary, and has taken the workflow to a whole new level working with N4.

To that ... I am very grateful.

Thanks lb0.
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote