View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #13
onewayout
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
Yeah, something aint right there.

I've got a focusrite saffire at 48khz, 24 bit, and only an i5 2500k and 16gb. An asus P8Z68-V from around 2012.

100% CPU use, 16 tabs open in Opera, torrent running, 35 track Reaper project playing, video loaded on 3 tracks, loads of Waves plugins running, a sample based vsti...

No drop outs. No lag. Latency is up high as I'm only editing, I'd turn everything off for recording or adding more synths and effects, but I'm yet to really stress it out that much tbh using BFD3, Waves, Kontakt, lots of Positive Grid BIAS and a bunch of other stuff. I dont use many softsynths tbh.

System optimisation is essential in Windows, and quality of parts, overclocking options etc for the system parts (if they can be overclocked and be stable, those parts are better and likely longer lasting, and can be underclocked better for longevity).

Anyway, yeah, sounds a bit off to me. I'd expect more out of a system that well specc'd compared to mine.

Thx Everyone,

I figured out that the project was somewhat corrupt....I opened another similar project and everything was ok...so I just copied all my trks to another project.

What I'm doing is using my 48k projects and running them at 96k and this machine is AWESOME no issues at all now....I did tweak the buffering after watching Jon's vid on it...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z-0...=TheREAPERBlog !! I'll tell you guys I never thought uping my sample rate could help PLUS I didn't have a machine that I thought could handle it....BUT it is like NIGHT n DAY instead of PILING on plugins to get that THICK WARM sound like I was used to in tape you can hear it INSTANTLY in 96k!! It is a BLESSING...I would be doing 192k but most plugin's don't work with that sample rate...

Thks for all the input again everyone...Jeff
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote