View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #16
suleiman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
The big problem with not being able to put them all in one group is that you have to adjust the adsr, volume, pan, etc., parameters for each individual sample istead of just adjusting one group.

I'm not familiar with wave matrices, not sure what they are?

If you're talking about the key/sample mapper (matrix), yes that is something any serious sampler needs, Kontakt has one too and is even smoother and easier to work with.

Right now at the moment, I don't know of another free sampler that's any better then the new RSK5 for drums.

Are you talking about drums or percussion? At this point I don't think RSK5 is setup very well to do tuned instruments. However, I think the free version of tx16wx will handle it pretty well.

Your very welcome Big Al.

And a Merry Xmas to all......
Tod, you can select mutiple groups and ajdust the adsr etc for all of them at once. Very fast.

Wave matrice is separate from the key/sample mapper.

In wave matrix view ( third tab ) you can define a matrix for eg for snare with mutiple velocity layers (upto 128 ! ) and round robins / random robins for each velocity layer ( upto 128 rr ! ) . Dragging and dropping in different ways maps them differently for a super fast work flow. You can them drab the matrix for the snare to the key mapper view on the key of your choice. I mapped one of the drum gizmo kits with l/r hits and it took me around 20 mins to do it. I did the the main sitar patch in Sitar Nation with 3 rr and 4 layers per note in like 10 mins.

Check the manual. Let me know if you need any help.

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote