View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
spk77
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
Hey -
I don't have AutoIt installed on this machine, window spy does not seem to pick up that same information.
Also - now the docked piano roll does not show correctly anymore... not sure what changed, I did not edit anything... weird.
Damn, it seems that control names are not constant in docked window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
A couple of questions come to mind...
1. Does edit4 get the text "Acoustic Bass Drum" for note 35?
I know the text is displayed on the key of the piano, but is that info sent to the display for edit4 in reaper (even though that display is too small for that much text...
I'm not articulating this very well...
2. Is there a standard place to put a drum map in reaper, since others will have to load it, both into reaper and into this script?
2b. Are there custom actions based on drum or piano notes for midi? I'll look from your generated list and the list of actions... doesn't look like it.
3. Where I am heading is will this be useful to someone else?
4. If they have to browse for the file to load and edit variable definitions... I want it to be useful and easy to manage for others. If not, I'll just hack to customize for myself and get something working that only you or I will understand. Yes others will as well but most will not.
1. No. That's why it is necessary to load a map into script also, but it may be possible to load it into reaper from the script. (there's an action "Load note names from file")
2. I'm not sure but there's a KeyMap folder in Reaper folder.
2b. There are some but SWS actions are in the MAIN section.
3.4. Yeah, it should be easy to manage (with GUI)

This is what I thought:
1. load a map into script (load it into reaper with button in GUI, I'll test if it is possible)
2. parse every line and put text into var (NoteNumber35 = B0 Acoustic Bass Drum, NoteNumber36 = C1 Bass Drum 1 etc.)
3. get note number from Edit4 (with string split)
4. pass note number as parameter into function which then shows corresponding text (parameter = 35 then text to show is B0 Acoustic Bass Drum

Sorry, I don't know if that make any sense. It's very hard to explain in english.

spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote