Thread: Acoustic guitar
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #66
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell Mather 5150 View Post
I applied some of the acoustic modules in the ACT input of Peavey Revalver 4.
Never heard of Peavey Revalver 4 before...

I'll say it now and then again later: THANK YOU !!!

Everybody, please take note of the following below:

You download the plugin for FREE. https://revalver.peavey.com/

I just spent the last hour trying it out. The plugin will let you demo everything, but add a beeeeep signal at random times. Sure, ok, it's all good.

However, and this is where the OMG kicks in, if you:

1) open the INPUT MIXER (click the button in the Input section) a window opens and you have three things, a VU Meter, a Tuner, and the ACT Input Shaper module.

2)Click on the Target Profile button in the ACT Input Shaper module to open a browser list of over 20+ type of guitars (acoustic, classical and electric) and basses; various sounds of modeled guitars being played with a pick, fingers, with various pickups selections. You can 'audition the sound' to listen to a short clip, or click the green play button that will shape the sound of your guitar sounds playing in a track in Reaper.

3) Play your guitar track in Reaper with a selected ACT guitar (making sure you clicked the green play button in ACT browser window), but don't shut the VST window (i.e. keep it floating). If you close it the ACT module will deactivate the modeled guitar sound, because it is a demo.

4) Make sure you guitar track is selected and go the the top menu bar in Reaper and select TRACK ---> RENDER ----> Render (mono or stereo, whatever you need).

DONE ~~ !!!

You will now have on a new track you guitar sound modulated by the modeled sound you chose in Peavey Revalver 4. Every single ACT Instrument Model is now yours 100% free .

This is the list of the guitar sounds you have for free, using the Render with floating plugin method: https://revalver.peavey.com/store/input

If that is not enough, which is friggin awesome, you can do the same thing once you click the button in the Output window. This will open a window with an EQ, Compressor, and the ACT OUTPUT SHAPER ---> with Target sounds for amps like Clean, Distortion, Crunsh, Heavy, Metal. Same gig, RENDER your track while keeping the plugin floating...

Perhaps you already have a virtual guitar amp setup with many modeled guitar sound shapers, that comes with EQ and compression? I didn't, so this is a BIG DEAL. The stomp effect can't be Rendered (because of the demo beeeeep), but it's not a biggy, I already have reverb, delay, and other such VSTs.

Check it out. From what I've dabbled with so far, I really liked some of the acoustic sounds of the modeled guitars and the Brazilian classical guitar (finger played). Can't wait to try it on my electric guitar tracks and the bass.

Woah. This really has made my day!

THANK YOU !!!

[edit: I was wondering how I could get both benefits of the INPUT and OUTPUT mixer features together -seeing that if you close window browsers of the plugin it the effects become deactivated. Well... easy peasy, just add another instant of the plugin in the FX chain. Run one vst for input and the other vst for output. This way you can a) choose a modeled electric guitar AND then add the distortion, EQ, etc.

Last edited by RDBOIS; 11-25-2017 at 08:22 PM.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote