View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #21
Cableaddict
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
As far as I know "Buggy compatibility mode" used to be a global option and now it's only available per instance via the FX Browser.

I found schwa's explanation (which I posted above), here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...atibility+mode
Yes (and thanks) but it is NOT an explanation. All he does is describe the technical stuff, which tells us end users ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

quote:
"Buggy compatibility mode does a number of things that can all cause minor increased CPU use: buffers are zeroed out before being given to the plugin, extra samples are rendered at loop edges, blocking behavior is used when opening the GUI while rendering audio (the plugin is assumed not to be threadsafe), and a few other safety measures. "

Uh, OK. Having read that, I still have no idea when to use buggy mode, since I don't know what symptoms it applies to, nor what it actually does FOR ME. It's just like some of the advanced buffering options. Why are they there is we will never learn what they do?

Can anyone explain this?
---------------------

On a positive note, I am now running Kontakt in a dedicated process, even though it was not even close to taking Reaper over its ram limit, and I have not had a crash since, for three days straight. This is looking very good!

(And my thanks to you all, again.)
Cableaddict is offline   Reply With Quote