View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #12
drumphil
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewjumpsoffbuildings View Post
Oh Ive gone apeshit over the last few months with Reaper, Windows and BIOS settings... including but not limited to:

Disabling/Enabling Hyperthreading
Disabling Speedstep, C-States etc
Disabling ALL non-essential devices (LAN, Wifi, Bluetooth, onboard audio)
Disabling almost every Windows Service
Turning on/off HPET
All kinds of Reaper settings (multithreading, thread priority, MMCSS, buffering options, bla bla)
Updating drivers
The list goes on...

the issue is that there are SO many variables here and im by no means an expert, so im just constantly guessing, stabbing in the dark hoping that some magic combination will be the answer, but itll take me a million years cause i have no idea what im doing

As for the speed of my interface, the thing is its just a digital interface, I still have to use an external AD/DA converter, which adds another 50 or so samples. the RME running at anything above a buffer of 64 samples buffer isnt acceptable for my needs.
OK, but did you actually do what he suggested?

Anyway, the first two questions I have are what is your overall system cpu load in task manager when you hear the glitching, and have you actually done a round trip latency test (oblique rtl utility is good). What latency are you getting at 32, and 64 samples buffer?

Anyway, more detail would certainly be helpful. Many isn't a number, and you don't state how much overall cpu load there is.

Last edited by drumphil; 04-04-2017 at 09:02 PM.
drumphil is offline   Reply With Quote