View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
Viente
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Not my cup of tea. In my projects, typically every track has a completely different chain of plugins. And, it's still a pretty static system, creating more problems than it attempts to solve imho (a great chindōgu ): in my case, I would just have a lot more empty slots to navigate around using a control surface. And how would it handle multiple instances of the same plugin on the same track?

When I would actually want to achieve exactly what is described using a control surface, i.e. easily switch focus to the same plugin on another track (that is, with no more than the single click needed to select the new track), even though it may be in a different slot, I'd much rather do an utterly simple check on all the newly selected track's plugin names, and switch focus to the correct slot if any of them would match the plugin name of the previously selected plugin. No need to change the way REAPER works to solve this issue at all. With OSC/feedback, we can seriously do it much smarter than this.

(PS: I'll try to implement a proof of concept, if just for the fun of it.)
Your case is very rare and who force you to use slots anyway? If you rarely change fxs on track just place it in row and forget about it
Viente is offline   Reply With Quote