View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:07 AM   #17
Bobflip
Human being with feelings

I'm experiencing a problem with resizing and showing/hiding controls, I've poked around enough that I think it could be a bug with WDL-Youlean, but we'll see...

Basically, I have a control that I want to show when another button is pressed. At first I had the following code in the constructor and in OnParamChange, which was all good:

Code:
    bitmap = pGraphics->LoadPointerToBitmap(IBUTTON_TEST_ID, IBUTTON_TEST_FN, 1);
    mTestControl = pGraphics->AttachControl(pTestControl = new ISwitchControl(this, 50, 10, kTestControl, bitmap));
    pTestControl->Hide(true);
    hideFlag = true;

bitmap = pGraphics->LoadPointerToBitmap(IBUTTON_SHOW_ID, IBUTTON_SHOW_FN, 2);
    mShowSwitch = pGraphics->AttachControl(pShowSwitch = new ISwitchControl(this, 10, 10, kShowSwitch, bitmap));

case kShowSwitch:
            if (GetParam(kShowSwitch)->Value() == true) {
                pTestControl->Hide(false);
            }
            else {
            }
However, trying to put that into a plugin with a resizable window is causing problems. If I have clicked the button to show the control, every time I resize the GUI, the newly shown control will disappear again when I release the mouse button. I’ve included the if(hideFlag) check in all the view modes. It seems like it’s being redrawn elsewhere? Interestingly, if I comment out pTestControl->Hide(true) and hideFlag = true, the problem happens in reverse, where the control will be unhidden after releasing the mouse button.

Code:
    bitmap = pGraphics->LoadPointerToBitmap(IBUTTON_TEST_ID, IBUTTON_TEST_FN, 1);
    mTestControl = pGraphics->AttachControl(pTestControl = new ISwitchControl(this, 50, 10, kTestControl, bitmap));
    hideFlag = true;

bitmap = pGraphics->LoadPointerToBitmap(IBUTTON_SHOW_ID, IBUTTON_SHOW_FN, 2);
    mShowSwitch = pGraphics->AttachControl(pShowSwitch = new ISwitchControl(this, 10, 10, kShowSwitch, bitmap));

case kShowSwitch:
            if (GetParam(kShowSwitch)->Value() == true) {
                hideFlag = false;
            }
            else {
                hideFlag = true;
            }

if (viewMode == defaultView)
    {
        GetGUIResize()->MoveControlHorizontally(*knobIndex, windowWidth - 200);
        GetGUIResize()->MoveControlHorizontally(*helloIPlugIndex, windowWidth - 220);
        GetGUIResize()->MoveControlHorizontally(*miniViewIndex, windowWidth - 220);
        GetGUIResize()->MoveControlHorizontally(*defaultViewIndex, windowWidth - 220);
        GetGUIResize()->MoveControlHorizontally(*hugeViewIndex, windowWidth - 220);
        GetGUIResize()->MoveControlHorizontally(*handleSelectorIndex, windowWidth - 220);

if (hideFlag == true)
        else

}
Bobflip is offline   Reply With Quote