View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
soundchaser59
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmike View Post
I just recorded a short bit of piano. After a a while one note stuck, so I stopped. On playback, the note did not stick. However, I observed another stuck note that I didn't hear when I wa recording. On subsequent playback, that note did not stick. On playback again, I heard another note stick. On subsequent playback, it didn't stick. I am using an NI Elecktrik Piano Virtual instrument for the piano.
I don't think it's my interface. I have no problems with Reaper in 32-bit mode. The interface has worked flawlessly with other programs. It's a Tascam FW-1804 audio/MIDI interface over Firewire.

I am running Reaper 64 on Windows 7 64-bit. Once again, no problems with Reaper in 32-bit mode running under Window 7 64-bit.
I'm running 32 bit Reaper and Win 7, and I had this problem a lot using Pianoteq and Sonik Synth. That was several updates ago, no problems lately, until tonight.

Now I'm getting stuck notes on any/every midi channel on a sonik synth track, in the exact same place in the song every time. Doesn't stick when I play it live, only when I record and play the track back. It's on the exact beat where I have a time signature change. But I have other time sig changes in the song and the same chord progression plays over those and there are no stuck notes. Only this one time sig change, same place every time.

I created new track and re-recorded from scratch, same result, even if I don't touch the damper pedal. Next I'll try using a different synth and see if it still sticks. In the distant past I was using Mackie Tracktion and Sonar, and I never had this problem in either one of those, using the same synths I use now. In Reaper I've had this problem in several projects with Pianoteq, Sonik Synth, and Sample Tank, even without having any time signature changes.