View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 02:17 AM   #11
Dyl
Human being with feelings

Just listened to the update and I think it's a vast improvement.
There was still something I wasn't liking so I rummaged through the online manual for that orchestral library EWQLSO because of the stuff I'm doing currently reminds me of your sound...

felt like you've improved the entry of the strings but across the time period they play they sound pretty static.
You may already be automating these things so I apologise if you are doing so. If you are then I think it's just more of what you are doing. If not then you will be able to make them sound more realistic for sure.

So, I'm talking about separating the volume automation and expression automation.
According to the manual its midi controllers CC11 and CC7. The expression should be like a slight volume increase but the timbre should change to give, well, more expression as opposed to a straight volume hike.
I'm using Miroslav Philharmonic, which is definitely at the lower end of the price scale, and it sounds significantly better when adding in the expression automation. Combining this with velocity levels makes a huge difference.

Hopefully this will help. I'm going on about it a bit because the "expression" alone has just rescued my orchestral ambitions. Everything sounded dull and static until I started automating this.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote